Thursday, October 7, 2010

The job I could never do.....

I decided to try doing one of Mama Kat's writing prompts. (I will admit it is because it seems no one visits my blog anymore :( and I am hoping to find new readers. Pathetic right?)

So what is the job that I couldn't do? Construction. Look at this picture.

I would die. No seriously. Before I ever even got that far I would have a heart attack and die.
Look at these!



See I can't even stand on this.....

Without feeling like my legs have turned to noodles. My body starts to shake and I break out in a full sweat.
I can't tell you how embarrassing this is to me. There was one time the honey lifted me up onto a beam in order to move a box for him. The problem was once I was up there I froze. Full on froze with my hands like claws. He literally had to peel my hands off in order to get me down. I couldn't even let go I was so terrified.
I have great respect for those workers. I also think they are idiots... but that is just my fear talking. Those guys should be paid a bunch!!!

4 comments:

  1. My brother is a carpenter, but doesn't have to go on really, really high buildings. I could never do his job, being outside all day (hot and cold) and busting my butt, I'm just not strong enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate high places. I agree - that's a job I could never do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jody!!

    Thanks for visiting me! I would love for you to join our Over 40 blogger club!! As for adding the button, just copy the code in the box under the Over 40 button (pink shirt) and then paste it on your side bar...you would need to go to your dashboard and click to add a gadget..then select the HTML...paste the code in that box..click save and then it should be added...if none of this makes sense or you need more help, just let me know!! Don't forget the blog hop on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jody,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I came over to see you. Interesting post, this one. The pictures fascinate me. It makes my heart pound just to look at them but yet, I can't look away. Me too, I'm that afraid of heights. Imagine sitting out on the edge of those beams, eating your lunch, Yipes. I used to ski a lot and actually learning to ski was the easy part ...... going up to the top in the chair lift was what freaked me out.
    Have a peace filled weekend.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete