Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why yes.... I do love the smell of dirty fish tank

Not!
Here in my city we have had rain storm after rain storm after rainstorm. More rain then normal. Besides making you get cabin fever I have noticed something else about the rain.
It started about a week ago. That first wiff of WTF is that when I opened the back door to let the dogs in. Since then it has gotten stronger and stronger to the point where the dogs smell like it.
What is it?
Dirty fish tank. Pond scum.
My backyard hasn't been able to dry out for so long it is beginning to smell horrible.
Ok... my mind went on a tangent
Anyone remember the movie where Stephen King was a farmer and got covered in alien mold? That is what I imagine my backyard smells like.

Anywhooo... I have this feeling that I am not going to be able to get rid of the smell for a while since I don't see myself out there with the hairdryer. It is freaking nasty. And really it is bad enough that the yard smells like that but my dogs do too. And they just had a bath less then a week ago.
I honestly wish there was something I could do to fix the smell outside. But I can't make the sun shine. Sigh.

I am going to leave with this video. Seriously watch it all the way through. It is wonderful. It really spoke to my soul for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. Our yard is soaked with the melting snow and smells funny too. But that could be the marsh land behind the house. Summer is coming and hopefully that will help to dry things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete