Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WOOT overturned!!!

A federal judge overturned California's same-sex marriage ban Wednesday in a landmark case that could eventually land before the U.S. Supreme Court to decide if gays have a constitutional right to marry in America.

I am so damn happy that they overturned this. I know that Prop 8 will continue up the courts but it is nice to see that someone in "power" understands that just because someone is gay doesn't mean they can't get married.

I don't understand the argument that letting gay people get married will affect "regular" marriages. How is what someone does in their own house affect what goes on in your house. Pay attention to your own marriage people.

I feel that if two people love each other and want to get married they should have the option to do so. So this ruling makes me oh so happy :)

2 comments:

  1. I second that!! I don't understand other people's thinking on gay marriage either. All they ever say is "It's wrong!!" or "The Bible says so!" I believe the Bible said to be fruitful and to multiply; nowhere in that line does it mention marriage itself. C'mon people. Love is love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Anyone who wants to get married should be able to!

    ReplyDelete