Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So many things to do!

All of a sudden I seem to have a ton of things to do. I need to start hand sewing that stupid cover. I need to go to costco and pick up stuff for Thanksgiving to take up to my grandmothers. I need to clean between the stove and the counter since it looks nasty. I need to go to See's candy and pick up these chocolate turkeys that have somehow become tradition for my Grandmother's Thanksgiving.

I still need to find a job. I need to get the house ready for garbage day tomorrow morning which means I need to go buy kitty litter CRAP! I need to clean up the dog crap in the back yard. Empty all the garbage cans in the house.
Drat go to the store and pick up some food so I can make dinner.

See!! I all of a sudden have a ton of things I need to do.

But I have this small problem. Ok.. not small.
My problem is this......


This arrived in the mail yesterday. Right as I finished the book I was currently reading.
I swear to you my palms started sweating as I opened the box. And as I pulled out this monster book little birds started to sing. My cats danced. My dogs smiled. Rainbows shot out from the birdbath..
What? It could happen.
Holding that book in my hand was like holding Christmas and my Birthday all wrapped in one.
I know that King has pretty well floundered since Gerald's Game. (Personally I think being smashed by a truck killed his creativity for a while)
But I have high hopes for this book.
In fact there is nothing more that I would rather do then grab a blanket and sit my ass down on my comfy chair and read this book without interruption. Which I could since I am home alone......
But I can't. I have "chores" to do. If it were any other day besides the day before garbage day I would totally just blow off everything to read this. But it is that DREADED garbage day. Which means I HAVE to do stuff.
But I want to read my book. (Did I sound like a whinny baby LMAO)


You know... I think I fell a little in love with my book... And maybe just maybe it fell a little in love with me.



I just have to suck it up and do what needs to get done while that book taunts me from it's dust cover.

6 comments:

  1. Just think of the book as a reward for a job well done and use it to movitate you to get it all done as fast as possible!

    That second picture is really cool. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know he had a new one out! Tell me if it's worth buying it.

    And yeah - you do have word verification on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I removed the verification.
    I am so sorry people I had NO idea that was on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate turkeys! I am so getting those for my folks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!I could be the readers anonymous poster child. I so love to play hooky from resposibility with a nice new book! I was such a nerd I cut school to read "Pet Sematary".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been using Swaptree.com so Ive got a few King novels on my kitchen table waiting to be read - if only I could read them all at once! :D

    ReplyDelete