Friday, May 21, 2010

Today is a down day

One of those days where the poor me sign hangs over your head. I am frustrated and tired of my job search. I am tired of looking every day for a job to apply to. I am tired of every day applying to multiple jobs. I am tired that regardless of how many resumes I send out per day I hear nothing back.
This entire job search for the last 10 months has elicited 5 no thank you responses, 2 interviews and one really fucked up 3 week job. I can't even imagine how many resumes I have sent out. If I had sent out one a day, figuring 30 days in a month that would be 300 resumes. And I know for a fact that there were many many many many days where I sent out over 5 or more.
I am at my wits end. I don't know what to do. There is a huge part of me that is just ready to give up. To just stop looking. But as we all know in real life that is just not possible.
I am tired. Kind of depressed and just totally frustrated.
The main issue for me is that there is nothing more I can do. I can't make them hire me. I can't make them look at my resume. I can't do any more then search job boards, look at company websites and put myself out there in hopes that someday someone might accidentally look at my resume and think HEY.. maybe.
UGH!!
You know I freaking hate the whole poor me attitude that I have lately. I really need to suck it up and put on my big girl panties and keep on chugging along. But god damn it is so freaking hard right now.
sigh....

2 comments:

  1. You are most certainly allowed to have down days. Your situation is very frustrating and scary. I wish you luck in finding something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to have a pity party for yoursrelf once in a while. It kinda helps keep your sanity. Without a down day, how do you know when other days are good?

    You're in a difficult situation. You'd be crazy if you didn't feel some frustration!

    ReplyDelete