Monday, August 24, 2009

My animals are making me nuts

Since I have been home a while the animals are getting used to me being here. This has led to a few new quirks in thier personalities.
For example.... One cat has decided that she must be in the room with me at all times. It doesn't matter what I am doing or what room I am in she must be there. Washing dishes, she is rubbing my legs. On the computer, she is doing her best to lay on the keyboard. Folding clothes, she has to dive in the pile and play. I go in the garage and she scratches the door wailing wanting in. I decided today to try something.
I walked in the kitchen, here comes the cat. I walked into the living room, here comes the cat. I walked in the bedroom, here comes the cat. So I ran into the kitchen and hid behind the wall/door. I can hear that cat coming due to the wood floors. A little closer.... little closer.... as soon as she was about to walk into the kitchen I jumped out and yelled BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Instead of running away like I thought she would, she just sat down and looked at me like I was an idiot. I couldn't help it I started laughing until tears ran out of my eyes. I WAS an idiot.

Also the dog loves tennis balls. She loves tennis balls so much that she loses what she has for a brain whenever she has one in her mouth.
An example seems appropriate here. Let's say it is spring time and I just bought a flat of flowers to plant. The dog sees this as the perfect opportunity to play ball. Well there I am with dirt up to my elbows digging holes and she keeps dropping the ball in front of me. If you make the mistake of picking up that stupid ball and saying no, she now thinks you are playing with her. So that darn ball will go into a hole you just dug.
Yes I have buried balls out of irritation and yes she has dug up my flowers to get that stupid ball.
Anywhoo.... Yesterday the honey is mowing the lawn. Of course the dog has a ball in her mouth. She sees the honey is in the yard and decides that he of course is there to play ball with her. So she drops the ball and stands at attention. He tells her no of course. She picks up the ball and drops it next to him again. Again he tells her no. This time she picks up the ball and runs in front of the lawn mower and drops it.
Now mind you this all takes about a minute. I am standing there watching the whole thing. As soon as she dropped the ball in front of the mower I opened my mouth to tell the honey who wasn't looking that way when it happened. But before I could get a word out he mowed right over that ball. WHAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! The ball gets sucked up and comes whipping out of that lawn mower at Mach 10 and slams the honey right in the leg. THAWP!!
The honey starts jumping up and down holding his leg. My mouth is open and I swear to you not laughing was one of the hardest things I have ever done. And I will be damned if that dog didn't run over, grab that stupid chewed up ball and drop it next to the hopping honey. LMAO!!!

7 comments:

  1. OUCH!! Did Honey attack? Pat would have been SO mad at that dog...and then he would have found a way to blame me for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG LMAO! I would have had to go and hide in another room under a pillow and a pile of anything so that he didn't see me laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I can relate I have 3 cats. Tigger, my middle daughter (cat) follows me everywhere. Washing dishes, having a shower, to bed, lays beside me or on the desk while on the computer, etc. I think it's adorable. Can be frustrating sometimes, when I trip over her. Great post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious. Gotta love our pets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hilarious. I laughed all the way through. trying to scare a cat! LOL Thanks I needed it today. We had a dog who was like that with sticks. There are many sticks on my roof!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cat does the same darn thing...but he doesn't follow me around..it's the boyfriend he really loves lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cat would have looked at me the same way if I had done that, but then he'd have run off frightened if sneezed. Dumb cat.

    His whole life (he's 17 now) he has "followed me" around the house... IN FRONT OF ME. Proving he's not a mind reader he frequently stops to see where "we" are going. Usually in the hall, when I'm half a step behind him, foot already in the air...

    Come to think of it, I think that cat may be trying to kill me...

    ReplyDelete