Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Getting it together

So there were a few questions in my comments and I thought I might as well post the answers....

The Kindle does not have a back light. It has a special technology that makes it exactly like reading a book. There is no eye strain due to looking at a computer like screen because it looks just like regular old ink on a page. So you will need to get a book light. That is one of the next things for me to buy. And I would definitely grab yourself a cover. Just in case you drop the thing it will cushion the fall. And the cover also makes it feel like a real book opening.
I LOVE MY KINDLE!!!!

In regards to the honey not coming to Christmas with me..... I answered the question but lay in bed realizing that I didn't really answer it properly.
My grandmothers is 3 1/2 hours away from our home. His brother lives about 15 minutes from our home.
I promised my grandmother (82 years old) that I would do all the cooking for Christmas back in July. No backing out of that.
The day after Christmas (my birthday) I like to go gambling. He hates gambling. So he gets bored in about 20 minutes and nothing is more frustrating to a avid gambler then someone who leans on the back of their seat sighing in boredom.
Also he wants to go duck hunting that weekend and duck hunting is down here.
His family has a knock down party for Christmas. Booze laughter and lots of fun. They decided this year on the 26th. Normally it is the weekend before which is not a problem. This year the date is a problem.
My family is more ummm sedate.
I would love to go to his families party more then anything but that means getting up in the morning of my birthday, driving 3 1/2 hours and then going to a party that lasts until midnight. That does and doesn't sound like a good birthday. Also I have my friend Sazy up at grandmas and dragging her back down here would just be mean.
I don't duck hunt. *shudders.... and that means I would be home alone like normal.
Sooooooo...... We decided to have him stay home and me go up to grandmas.
I will let you know if that changes because it has 3 times all ready.


I brought out the boxes of Christmas cards. I told myself that I will start writing them today. I don't have to put a personal message in each one right? Not going to happen.


I find it hard to believe but I think my next post is my 100th post. WOW that went super fast!!! I should do some kind of fancy post for the next one. Any ideas?

I have been a bad commenter this week. It seems there is so much to do in the house that I haven't had the time. BUT oh yes I have been reading all of you. I should be back to commenting either today or tomorrow. So just because you haven't seen a comment doesn't mean I forgot about you.

Oh and the honeys niece send me a private message on facebook today. She wanted to let me know that she is pregnant but please don't tell anyone.
She used to live with us before the honeys mother passed away and the world went to hell. That is a post for another day. Anyway she and the honey don't talk. Her mother doesn't talk to any of the honeys 3 other brothers. Again story for another day. So here I am with this secret.
I know this is going to end badly. Somehow the honey is going to find out that I know and ask me when I started talking to her again. Why I didn't tell him. Blah blah blah. I am not sure if I should just tell him or not.
He all ready thinks that me being on facebook is weird and doesn't understand why I have "MEN" as friends. No matter how much I tried to explain to him that they were old coworkers.
And let me just lay it on the line here people I am a good girl. There is NO hanky panky ever from me in regards to my relationship. Period.
So this stupid secret has the potential to be bad UGH.

Anywhoo... post 100 tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming 100th post!

    Tell honey; but swear him to secrecy. Now here is where I should say "there are no secrets in a relationship." But that's baloney - some things should be kept secret (like just how many pairs of shoes you own - or when he asks - "is that new"?) But if you tell him about this it might head off an argument later.

    Don't know what to tell you about the FB dilemma. I've got a few guy friends - but Hubby knows them all. And he's more avid about FB than I am. Don't even know if he's got women friends...I'm sure he does though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the 100th post! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secrets suck, but so does not having any privacy or independence. It's unfortunate that you're not able to just be open and tell him without having to worry about the outcome...

    I guess that doesn't really help does it?

    Congrats on the 100th post!

    ReplyDelete