Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Time to head up to grandmas *\o/*

Tomorrow I leave for grandmas for Christmas. I won't be back until late the 28th so I don't expect to blog until the 29th. Just a fyi by the way :)

I won an award. It is a funny little award that seems to have no reason or no rules. I am all about no rules lol. Well it has one rule. I am suppose to list 5 things about me that you do not know but I decided to be a rebel and do it differently. Then I am suppose to give this award to five blogs. Now since these almost feel like chain letters (which by the way I delete lol) You do not have to do anything you don't want to do. In fact I may rebel even further and just NOT list the blogs.
See I am kind of lazy and have a thousand things I need to do before I leave at oh dark thirty tomorrow.

But without further ado...
Here is my award!


It was given to me by one of my favorite bloggers. Big Mama Cass

Now I kidnapped this from another blog to use as my "five" things.... Enjoy lol

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I wrap my gifts in paper. However there are never any bows. See, I have this cat who eats ribbons and bows and then yacks all over everything. So no bows. I do use gift bags once in a while though.

2. Real tree or Artificial? It has to be real. There is nothing like the smell of a fresh Christmas tree in the house. If I ever live in the mountains it will be a live tree that I can plant after the holidays.

3. When do you put up the tree? Normally? The first of December. Or that week. This year? 10 days before Christmas.

4. When do you take the tree down? I tend to either take it down the first garbage day after Christmas. Unless of course that day happens to be within a day of Christmas. This year it will be up until the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm eggnog YUM YUM YUM. But add alchohol and BLICK

6. Favorite gift received as a child? It was a little cooking set. With plastic pans and mixers and spoons and just general things you need to cook with. I made flower, berry mud pies for hours.

7. Hardest person to buy for? The honey. Why? Because we have been together going on 20 years and he and I have everything we need to be happy.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Kids. Buy a fun toy and you are done!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. But again my inner rebel came out. I didn't want a stuffy traditional one. I mean those are fine but they aren't me. So I bought a cutesy cartoonish ceramic set that I love.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I mail my cards. This year I mailed out 30 cards to family and friends. I have a blast choosing the wierdest, funniest card possible. Of course this year all I got were traditional pretty cards which made me worry for about point two seconds and then said who cares if they think I am weird lol

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Ab roller from an x boyfriend. I weighed in at 110 pounds then and he still thought I was to fat. Bastard

12. Favourite Christmas Movie? Its a wonderful life. To me it is not Christmas without watching it even though I know I am going to boo hoo twice.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start in November most years.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes a candle

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? EVERYTHING lol

16. Lights on the tree? Of course. Colored ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? I like the old time Christmas songs. There are just two many to list as favorite since they are all like old friends.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This is the holiday for family and mine lives far away so I travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, dancer, prancer and vikson (sp), comet and cupid and donner and blitzen plus RUDOLPH.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. I have a snowman.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas eve we open one present. On Christmas morning at oh dark thirty we open the rest. Although this year the honey and I have all ready opened our gifts to each other. It is a weird Christmas.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Shopping people who suck. They forget their manners.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Each ornament is like an old friend so I can't choose. I have no theme and no color choice either.

24. Favorite for Christmas Dinner? Turkey. mmmm... or honey baked ham

25. What do you want to do for Christmas this year? Spend it with my family. But next year I am going to reimplement my Italian Christmas if I can.

26. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up? There really wasn't any traditions growing up.

27. Favorite tradition now? hmmm making cookies. Of course I didn't really do the giant day of cooking them this year. This IS a weird year.

28. Favorite Christmas Memory? Just everyone being so damn happy to be with each other. That's it I guess.


hmmm do I want to list some of my favorite blogs? hmmmm....
Here are some I read almost every day.
Wonderful world of weiners
Gigi's rambling
Aunt of 14
Fact woman She scares me with how organized she is lol

This is like picking favorite children and is making me feel kind of icky so I am only going to post one more. But let me tell you I have a bunch more blogs I read every day so if you are not listed I am sorry. Seriously this picking is making me feel icky :(

My buddy Kevin

Well I have to go pack and go pick up some toys for the dogs for Christmas. I will miss everyone I read!

3 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Thank you for the shout out!! Drive safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Jody!!! Have a wonderful Christmas and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will drink alcoholic egg nog and you will like it.

    ReplyDelete