Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Ramblings

Yesterday I lost it a bit as you can tell. It happens. Everything is fine then BAM I lose it. It really rather sucks by the way.
But good came out of it. One of the bloggers I follow and who follows me offered me a bit of help. She offered to look over my resume. I went through a whole range of emotions from being weirded out that someone might think my resume sucked big time to hope that it would help. So off I sent my resume to Aunt of 14
As soon as I hit send my stomach started to hurt. What if she thought my resume was a piece of shit. I had pride in that stupid thing. I worked hard at it.
But I didn't need to worry. She sent me a email back letting me know that it wasn't awful. She even shared with me hers. Then she went above and beyond and actually turned my two page resume into a one page masterpiece. It had everything that I had only better. She had no idea how long and how hard I had tried to make it into one page. Or how I had finally given up on doing it.
I cannot say thank you enough for that. And for the mental boost knowing I hadn't been sending out a piece of crap.
It amazes me how random strangers help each other. I only hope at some point in the future I will come across something I can do to pay it forward.



Are you guys watching the miner rescues? I can't stop watching. It is heartwarming and wonderful. Add in a bit of personal drama like the miner who had a wife and a mistress that had no idea about each other and it has been great tv. I can't imagine how horrible it had been. I can't imagine how excited they must be as they wait for their turn. I can't imagine being in that tiny capsule.
Their lives are going to be so different. I can't imagine going through that and not becoming a different person on the inside. I am so happy for them.


Yesterday I went to the store and picked up some food for two meals. Hot dogs and a enchilada casserole. It turned out to be boiling hot so I decided to cook the hot dogs...... then I got a phone call from the honey.
It went like this.....

Him: what are you making for dinner?
Me: I got hot dogs and mac and cheese. It is hot so I wanted a light cooking day.
him- I don't want that.
me... um ok I also got stuff to make a chicken enchilada casserole would you rather have that?
him- No. How about tuna fish sandwiches.
me. Fine
him- with lettuce and tomato
me- let me check. Nope we don't have any of those.
him... silence
Me.... I already went to the store once today I am not going again.
him- Fine I will just starve then....
Me. OK

I have to admit that conversation pissed me off. And again today he doesn't want either of those. He knows I am on a budget. I explained to him that I can't buy food and not have him eat it. But still he insisted on something else.
I need to have a sit down with him and explain that he no longer has a choice in what I cook. That he can either eat what I made or go get himself something else. I can't cater to him right now. I can't waste stuff I buy. In fact I had asked him why he didn't want the hot dogs and he told me that he ate them last month and he doesn't want to get burnt out on them. WTF




I grew my first pumpkin :) It is cute and orange and I am all proud of it lol.


Well I need to get back to watching the miners. Talk to you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. aw shucks *blush* I was more than happy to do it. I love doing that sort of stuff! I was actually nervous about sending you my thoughts because I didn't want to offend you. I remember how *I* felt when my own resume was criticized to death. That hurt!! So I am very happy you are pleased with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the "help" with the resume! I'm sure it looks even better than it did! And the drama with the miners is neat. I love seeing them come out! Its a good thing.

    ReplyDelete