Monday, October 25, 2010

Today is my interview

This morning I got a call from the place I am interviewing at to verify my interview and probably completely blew it but I told her I had to admit something completely embarrassing and that I looked everywhere and couldn't find the ad.

So she sent it to me. ummm... WTF was I thinking. I don't have quite a bit of these skills.
Office manager/ Bookkeeper needed for small office in Morgan Hill.
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of bookkeeping & customer service experience. Requires the skill to multi-task, prioritize and work independently. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Quickbooks are necessary. Intermediate level IT skills helpful for managing computer hardware & software including high end printers and networked environment. Must be fast learner with the ability to handle all aspects of office management from clerical /receptionist duties to Accounts Payable and Receivables including supporting Company Executives with project based work with minimal direction or supervision.
Pay depending on experience, no benefits available at this time.

Ok so I have a bit of the stuff. Just no IT and very light quickbooks. When I say I have no IT I mean it. I can plug something in and maybe add software to it but that is the extent of my IT knowledge LOL. Quickbooks I have used maybe twice in my life. It is a fairly easy system that I know I could learn incredibly quickly but still. WTF was I thinking!!
But at least I am not going in blind anymore!
And hopefully they won't mind that I had to ask what the job was. Everything else is cake. I can do it.
So instead of being nervous that I don't have any idea what I am going to an interview for I am nervous about the lack of skills I have for two portions of the job.
Anywhooooo I go today at 4pm. Wish me luck.....

4 comments:

  1. I think it is good that you're still going in. Even if you don't know every aspect of their requirements, they can train you. They have to train you ANYWAY on how to do things their way...

    Good luck! I'll be sending positive vibes for you at 4 pm!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Companies have been known to amend the job requirements for the right candidate. What I read up there sounds like you could do the job. Just play up your ability to "manage" software (install, uninstall) and see what happens. Put he emphasis on your strong suits, Customer Service, Office Skills etc.

    You never know what might happen!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I leave in a hour and have to admit to a giant case of nerves lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ood luck! I know am a day late with this and can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete