Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mama Kat prompt...Who me embarrassed? Hell Yes

I haven't done a prompt over at Mama Kat's in a while and decided I might as well do an embarrassing one lol. So I will start with Mama Kat's prompt.

5.)Describe a moment you felt embarrassed by your parents.

My parents split up when I was around 3. I ended up with my VERY YOUNG mom. So please enjoy the following mom story. (And let me tell you when you have a mother like mine you have a lot of these moments.)

My mother and I were at the grocery store grabbing some produce for a salad we needed to make for a family gathering. I was on one side of the produce while she was on the other side. I was choosing lettuce and tomatoes and the only thing my mom was getting was cucumbers.
It is best not to give my mother more then one thing to do at a time or she gets confused or distracted by sparkly shit and forgets what she is doing.
So I am standing there with my head of lettuce in my hand when I hear really really loudly....
"HEY JODY"
Oh crap my mother is yelling across the store at me. I hate this.....
"HEY JODY!!!"
I turned towards my mother and pantomimed "What?"
People are staring at us now. I can feel my face getting warm.
My mother then holds up two of the largest cucumbers I have ever seen in my life and yells across the store....
"DO YOU THINK THESE ARE BIG ENOUGH FOR TONIGHT?"
I swear to you my face started to burn. People's heads were flipping back and forth between my mother, me and the two giant cucumbers. I was freaking mortified. If I could have slunk out of the store at that moment I would have.
I kind of waved my hands at my mother as I shoved the lettuce in a bag. I kept my head down as I walked over to her and grabbed the damn cucumbers and shoved them in a bag while speaking so softly my mother asked me what I said twice.
"They are fine mom"
It wasn't until we were in the car that I turned to her and asked her what the hell was wrong with her.
She had no idea what I was talking about.
When I explained it to her, her face turned red and she told me to get the hell out of the parking lot.

I was so freaking mortified that day.

6 comments:

  1. OH No!!!! LOL I would have died in your shoes!!! This was funny, hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have DIED! My mother was so prim and proper though. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be the freakin funniest post I have read in a long time! I even burst out laughing! I might just have to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Your mom sounds like a hoot! Good luck with the job search, too. It bites, I know all too well. And, yes, peanut butter slices are WAAAAY too indulgent, in my opinion. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good times!!! Lucky you.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome story!! I laughed out loud the moment I got to "Do you think these are big enough for tonight?"!!!

    ReplyDelete