Monday, June 28, 2010

Pictures! Lots of pictures!

I have to tell you that I am pretty much mortally terrified right now. What the hell am I going to do with no money? I am scared. But....I guess I have to figure out how to live right? Sigh.

Anywhoooo.... Me and my best buddy Sazy went to Stanford museum this weekend. It was free and we were super excited to see a few of the outdoor statues and the inside stuff as well. The thing was... it was over 100 degrees and I think we both were going to die. Seriously. HOT!!!

We had read about the outdoor Rodin statues and were dying to see the Gates of Hell. So we were super excited when we got out of the truck to see this.


Now you guys know I am picture challenged so you HAVE to click on the pictures to see the whole thing.

The first statue we ended up visiting was the three shades. We decided to leave the Gates of Hell for last.
I couldn't resist....


SAZY quick put your hand on Adam's weenie... well she got close lol


Then we came to one of the most incredible things I have ever seen. The Gates of Hell. Now this thing is giant. And bronze. And radiating heat like we were actually in hell. I think you can see us melting in these pictures.





Here is the front of the museum.



I pretty much figured I was going to fall to my death when I was standing by the sitting man. Sazy laughed at me and told me I wasn't up that high.

The marble lobby was incredible. And HUGE!!! It had a giant bronze horse that looked like it was made out of wood. It was one of my favorite pieces.
And see my head up there on the top of the balcony next to the statue. I am standing on my tippy toes and that is all you can see of me. And yes I am sitting on the floor. Sazy and I are not your normal museum goes. We don't walk around all solemn and quiet. We laugh and completely enjoy ourselves. We make completely inappropriate comments and we talk about art as what we see.








Ok I am a little tired of posting pictures. Come back for more. There are lots and lots more. I just need to go clean the bathroom first lol

4 comments:

  1. In the first picture, far left... are those two horitzonal statues mating?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope that is a lady by herself laying down. She is called Misery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, fitting that it be called Misery if shes all by herself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete