Friday, October 9, 2009

The Nobel Peace Prize board needs their ass kicked

This morning I checked the news. I like to do that every morning just to see if anything unusual or scary or even newsworthy enough to note has happened.
The first thing I see this morning was this.

President Barack Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize.

What?

You know I have sat back and watched the media create this man into some huge wonder person. Which is fine. Do a great job and that is all that matters. I know the media is a group of idiots who can't help but shove his face into every broadcast.

However... This has gone to far.

Now now before you get your panties in a bunch (although I did warn you I would probably piss you guys off sometimes....) Let me tell you I know that Obama did not ask for this. That he did not give himself this award.

Know that I am NOT upset with the President.

BUT

Know that I am freaking LIVID at the committee who chooses who to give this award to. They chose to give this to him two weeks into his presidency.
They did not care how he would end up doing his job. The only cared about what he said he was going to do.

Here is the rule they have to abide by:
In his will, Swedish industrialist and inventor Alfred Nobel said the Peace Prize, presented annually in Oslo, should be awarded "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

My heart goes out to those people whose entire lives have been in the quest of peace. I can only hope that those nominated on the side of Obama get another chance. Another year to be looked at because I don't think this one was fair. This was a slap in the face to all their hard work.

I don't believe that Obama should have gotten this prize. At least not yet. Maybe in the future but not now.

I would have no problem with him winning this award had he earned it. He didn't though.



OK!!!! AHEM......

See maybe I should read the news after I get my coffee cause the news pissed me off today.
Well I am off later today for Reno for a Birthday party. It is pretty funny that I have no damn cash but I keep being pulled here and there.

And yes another day I didn't post off my I want to do this for a blog list lol

AND....

Why can't I remember to hit follow. I end up reading a blog closing it to go to the next one then realize half way through the next one I never hit follow on the first one. UGH. I will remember!

7 comments:

  1. I agree with on this one. Somehow I missed it this morning and didn't find out till after lunch. I was like WTH? Have fun in Reno. And stick a post-it onto your monitor with the word FOLLOW on it; maybe that will help. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the news this morning... and I heard the same thing you did. Except... WHY did he win this prize? I keep missing that part.

    Have fun in Reno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt of 14 - here's an article that tells you the "why" of it.
    http://triad.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2009/10/05/daily76.html?ed=2009-10-09&ana=e_du_pub

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no GOOD reason why he received this award..it is a joke as far as I'm concerned ..and I also, feel terrible and embarrassed for the people who have spent their ENTIRE LIVES working for peace..only to be unsurped by yet another attempt by a large organization to catapult this president into Sainthood!

    Laura @ MyBde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you... this should be for results. Something that really made a difference. And I'm waiting on that. A lot of people have DONE something. We're all Hollywood glitzed up now, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wondering who you would have rather seen receive this award. I'm not really into politics, but it doesn't seem like who the award has gone to has been such a big deal in the past. I don't know...I'm not opposed to it going to Obama.

    *ducking and running away* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say I have a strong opinion one way or another how this should have gone. You ask me, the Peace Prize, should go to whoever ACTUALLY affects peace in this world. I haven't seen that... ever.

    This week-end, Saturday Night Live opened with an "Address by The President" about him winning the peace prize. In it, "President Obama" said he won the prize "for not being George W Bush.". I thought that sounded just about right!

    And now I'M *ducking and running away* ;)

    ReplyDelete